Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Go!


 


Yes, we are off and running.  As I write this, cars are beginning to pull up for dismissal from the second day of school.  Just like arrival in the morning, the smiles on the students' faces are genuine.

We are certainly starting off on the right foot.  As I strolled through the corridors this morning, I passed many classrooms filled with serious students devoted to their davening.  In some rooms you could hear them singing the prayers, halfway down the hall.  The Beit Midresh was full this morning with our students and local residents who joined the minyan. 


As the day progressed I observed circle time in kindergarten, free time in pre-k 4, havruta style learning in Rabbi Nachbar’s class, serious writing going on in 6th grade,first graders singing at the top of their lungs, songs involving Hebrew letter recognition, and perhaps the most impressive activity of the day , one that drew me in, so that I did not want to leave the classroom, was a junior high Ivrit class led by Morah Shimshon.  There were questions on the board and the students had index cards on which they wrote down the answers to the questions.  They then read their answers aloud.  Everything was conducted in Hebrew  - conversations between the teacher and students and student to student.


There is so much good education taking place at the MHA.  I only hope that I will continue to have the time to peek into the world of the students, and to continue to report back to you on their progress.     
e.


 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment